Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Your relationship with Open Ministry
- Your use of Open Ministry services and website is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and Open Ministry. Open Ministry is a non-profit whose principal place of business is in California. This document explains how the agreement is made up, and sets out some of the terms of that agreement.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing with Open Ministry, your agreement will always include, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document. These are referred to below as the "Ministerial Guidelines".
- Your agreement with Open Ministry will also include the terms of any Legal Notices applicable to the Services, in addition to the Ministerial Terms. All of these are referred to below as the "Additional Terms". Where Additional Terms apply to a Service, these will be accessible for you to read either within, or through your use of, that Service.
- The Ministerial Terms, together with the Additional Terms, form a legally binding agreement between you and Open Ministry in relation to your use of the Services. It is important that you take the time to read them carefully. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to below as the "Terms of Service" or "Conditions of Use" or "Terms and Conditions".
- If there is any contradiction between what the Additional Terms say and what the Universal Terms say, then the Additional Terms shall take precedence in relation to that Service.
2. Accepting the Terms
- In order to use the services, you must first agree to the terms. You may not use the services if you do not accept the terms.
- You can accept the Terms by:
- Submitting your ordination.
- By actually using the Services. In this case, you understand and agree that Open Ministry will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- You are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Open Ministry, or
- You are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the United States or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
3. Provision of the Services by Open Ministry
- Open Ministry is constantly updating Services in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which Open Ministry provides may change from time to time without prior notice.
- You acknowledge and agree that Open Ministry may stop providing the Services without prior notice.
- You may stop using the Services at any time.
- You do not need to specifically inform Open Ministry when you stop using the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that if Open Ministry disables access to your account:
- You may be prevented from accessing the Services.
- You may be prevented from accessing your account details or other content contained in your account.
4. Use of the Services by you
- In order to access certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree that any registration information you give to Open Ministry will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by
- The Terms of Service and
- Any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions including, but not limited to, all laws relating to solemnization of marriage in the United States.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Open Ministry, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) and shall ensure that you comply with the instructions set on the Services.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
- Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with Open Ministry, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Open Ministry has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which Open Ministry may suffer) of any such breach.
5. Your passwords and account security
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services.
- Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to Open Ministry for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify Open Ministry immediately.
6. Content in the Services
- You understand that all information which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. All such information is referred to below as the "Content".
- Open Ministry reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all Content from any Service. For some of the Services, Open Ministry may provide notification tools to filter out explicit content, and inappropriate discourse.
- You understand that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Services at your own risk.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that Open Ministry has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any Content that you create, transmit or display while using the Services and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which Open Ministry may suffer) by doing so.
7. Proprietary rights
- You acknowledge and agree that Open Ministry owns all legal rights, title and interest in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever those rights may exist).
- Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Open Ministry, nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
- If you have been given an explicit right to use any of these brand features in a separate written agreement with Open Ministry, then you agree that your use of such features shall be in compliance with that agreement, and any applicable provisions of the Terms.
- Open Ministry acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title, tithes, or interest from you under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content. Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Open Ministry, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Open Ministry has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
- You agree that you shall not remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Services.
- Unless you have been expressly authorized to do so in writing by Open Ministry, you agree that in using the Services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
8. License from Open Ministry
- This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by Open Ministry, in the manner permitted by the Terms.
- You may not (and you may not permit anyone else to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the website or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by law, or unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by Open Ministry, in writing.
9. Content license from you
- You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Open Ministry a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Open Ministry to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.
- You agree that this license includes a right for Open Ministry to make such Content available to other companies, government offices, organizations or individuals with whom Open Ministry has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.
- You understand that Open Ministry, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may
- Transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and
- Make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media.
- You agree that this license shall permit Open Ministry to take these actions.
- You confirm and warrant to Open Ministry that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.
10. Ending your relationship with Open Ministry
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Open Ministry as set out below.
- If you want to terminate your legal agreement with Open Ministry, you may do so by
- Notifying Open Ministry at any time.
- Closing your accounts for all of the Services which you use, where Open Ministry has made this option available to you.
- Discontinue use of the services.
- Open Ministry may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if:
- You have breached any provision of the Terms (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Terms); or
- Open Ministry is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
- The partner with whom Open Ministry offered the Services to you has terminated its relationship with Open Ministry or ceased to offer the Services to you; or
- The provision of the Services to you by Open Ministry is no longer commercially viable.
- Nothing in this Section shall affect the rights regarding provision of Services under Section 4 of the Terms.
11. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS, SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT OPEN MINISTRY WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE LIMITATIONS WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE".
- IN PARTICULAR, OPEN MINISTRY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH BY GOVERNING AGENCIES
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR,
- ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND
- THAT DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED TO YOU AS PART OF THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM OPEN MINISTRY OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
- OPEN MINISTRY FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- SUBJECT TO OVERALL PROVISION IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT OPEN MINISTRY, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
- ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
- ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOS ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SERVICES;
- ANY CHANGES WHICH OPEN MINISTRY MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES);
- THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
- YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE OPEN MINISTRY WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION;
- YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL;
- THE LIMITATIONS ON OPEN MINISTRY LIABILITY TO YOU IN PARAGRAPHS ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT OPEN MINISTRY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
13. Copyright and trade mark policies
- It is Open Ministry's policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable international intellectual property law (including, in the United States, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and to terminating the accounts of repeat infringers.
14. Other content
- The Services may include hyperlinks to other websites or content or resources. Open Ministry may have no control over any websites or resources that are provided by companies or persons other than Open Ministry.
- You acknowledge and agree that Open Ministry is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that Open Ministry is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such websites or resources.
15. Changes to the Terms
- Open Ministry may make changes to the Ministerial Terms or Additional Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, Open Ministry will make a new copy of the Ministerial Terms available; any new Additional Terms will be made available to you from within, or through, the affected Services.
- You understand and agree that if you use the Services after the date on which the Ministerial Terms or Additional Terms have changed, Open Ministry will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Ministerial Terms or Additional Terms.
16. General legal terms
- Sometimes when you use the Services, you may (as a result of, or through your use of the Services) use a service or download a piece of software, or purchase goods, which are provided by another person or company. Your use of these other services, software or goods may be subject to separate terms between you and the company or person concerned. If so, the Terms do not affect your legal relationship with these other companies or individuals.
- The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and Open Ministry and govern your use of the Services (but excluding any services which Open Ministry may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and Open Ministry in relation to the Services.
- You agree that Open Ministry may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the Services.
- You agree that if Open Ministry does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which Open Ministry has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Open Ministry rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Open Ministry.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- You acknowledge and agree that each member of the group of companies of which Open Ministry is the parent shall be third party beneficiaries to the Terms and that such other companies shall be entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of the Terms which confers a benefit on (or rights in favor of) them. Other than this, no other person or company shall be third party beneficiaries to the Terms.
- The Terms, and your relationship with Open Ministry under the Terms, shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law's provisions. You and Open Ministry agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within: to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Open Ministry shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
Restrictions on Use of Materials
This site is copyright protected. Any textual or graphic material you copy, print, or download is licensed to you by Open Ministry and/or its subsidiaries ("Open Ministry") for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that you do not change or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices.
If you download software from the site, the software, including all files and images, contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (together referred to as "Software") are deemed to be licensed to you by Open Ministry, for your personal, non-commercial home use only. Open Ministry does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software and Open Ministry retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Open Ministry or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
This site is controlled and operated by Open Ministry, from its offices within the State of California, United States of America. Open Ministry makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Software from this site is subject to U.S. export controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated National or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability; Forward-Looking Statements
Open Ministry may change, move or delete portions of, or may add to, this website from time to time.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. OPEN MINISTRY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, OPEN MINISTRY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. OPEN MINISTRY DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE. OPEN MINISTRY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE MATERIALS, THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU (AND NOT OPEN MINISTRY) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR AND CORRECTION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL OPEN MINISTRY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, SITE OR ANY DOWNLOADED MATERIALS, EVEN IF OPEN MINISTRY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OPEN MINISTRY'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FROM ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO OPEN MINISTRY, IF ANY, FOR PRODUCTS PURCHASED ON THIS SITE.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Links to Other websites
Open Ministry makes no representation whatsoever regarding the content of any other websites which you may access from this site. When you access a non-Open Ministry website, please understand that it is independent from Open Ministry and that Open Ministry has no control over the content on that website. A link to a non-Open Ministry website does not mean that Open Ministry endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such website.
Should any viewer of a document on this website respond to Open Ministry with information including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the site, or the content of any item, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Open Ministry shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information. In addition, Open Ministry shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, display, exhibit, transmit, perform, create derivative works, and distribute the information to others without limitation, and to authorize others to do the same. Further, Open Ministry shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and other items incorporating such information. This paragraph is not intended to apply to any personal information about you (such as name, mailing address and e-mail address), the use of which will be governed by Open Ministry's privacy statement.
In consideration of Open Ministry's continuing efforts to enhance and improve these products and to respond to feedback from users, you agree to transfer such ideas, concepts, know-how and techniques to Open Ministry without any compensation. You agree to execute any and all documents that Open Ministry may reasonably request in connection with confirming Open Ministry's ownership of and unlimited right to use such ideas, concepts, know-how and techniques.
You are solely responsible for the content of any comments you make. You agree that no comments submitted by you to this website will: (i) violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights; (ii) be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive, or obscene material or constitute the misappropriation of the trade secrets of any third party; and (iii) disparage the products or services of any third party. You agree not to submit any personal information (other than your email address or user name) through email sent to other users or messages posted on this site by you.
This Agreement is effective perpetually unless and until terminated by either you or Open Ministry. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by no longer using or visiting this website, provided that all prior uses of this website shall be governed by this Agreement. Open Ministry may terminate this Agreement at any time and without notice, and accordingly deny you access to this website, in Open Ministry's sole discretion for any reason, including your failure to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement by either you or Open Ministry, you must promptly destroy all materials downloaded or otherwise obtained from this website, as well as all copies of such materials, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
©Open Ministry. All Rights Reserved
By using this site, you signify your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, do not use this site or services contained therein.
This policy was last modified on May 3rd 2017