Open Ministry - Get Ordained, Online Ordinations

Information on How to Get Ordained and Register as a Minister

How to get ordained and perform a wedding or ceremony in Nebraska.

Since 2010, Open Ministry has been ordaining and helping people all over the world perform weddings, ceremony and other sacerdotal duties. This page focuses on requirements and information for Nebraska, if you don't need the States Statues or ordination information for Nebraska scroll down to the bottom of the page for links to other states.

Let's get started with the information for Nebraska

If you are planning to or you have been asked to perform a wedding ceremony in Nebraska, or simply need to to the information on this page will assist you. If you still have questions we invite you to visit our FAQ or contact us for more detailed information. We are here to help and support our ministers and congregation.

Registered Ministers with Open Ministry have successfully performed thousands of marriages in Nebraska and around the world!

The Ordination and Officiant information is provided below in an easy five step layout which is designed help walk you through the most common steps on registering to become a minister for Nebraska and how perform a wedding ceremony in Nebraska.

Step 1 - How to Become Ordained Step 1 - How to Become Ordained

Step 2 - Contact The County Clerk Step 2 - Contact The County Clerk

Step 3 - Getting Licensed to Perform the Marriage Step 3 - Getting Licensed to Perform the Marriage

Step 4 - How to Perform the Wedding Step 4 - How to Perform the Wedding

State Statutes for Nebraska

Credentials for Registration in Nebraska


42-108 Marriage ceremony; who may perform; return; contents

Every judge, retired judge, clerk magistrate, or retired clerk magistrate, and every preacher of the gospel authorized by the usages of the church to which he or she belongs to solemnize marriages, may perform the marriage ceremony in this state. Every such person performing the marriage ceremony shall make a return of his or her proceedings in the premises, showing the names and residences of at least two witnesses who were present at such marriage. The return shall be made to the county clerk who issued the license within fifteen days after such marriage has been performed. The county clerk shall record the return or cause it to be recorded in the same book where the marriage license is recorded.

Chapter 42: Husband and Wife

Source R.S.1866, c. 34, § 8, p. 255; Laws 1869, § 2, p. 168; R.S.1913, § 1547; C.S.1922, § 1496; Laws 1927, c. 77, § 1, p. 242; C.S.1929, § 42-108; R.S.1943, § 42-108; Laws 1951, c. 124, § 1, p. 542; Laws 1971, LB 42, § 2; Laws 1972, LB 1032, § 249; Laws 1973, LB 226, § 28; Laws 1981, LB 55, § 1; Laws 1986, LB 525, § 8; Laws 2006, LB 1115, § 28.